Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a fruity afternoon treat

 
Summer isn't summer without sangria. After weeks of discussing the tasty beverage, my girlfriends and I finally decided it was time to concoct our own version of the summertime special. We headed to Trader Joe's for some inexpensive fruit, and grabbed some cheap wine on the way home and set up shop in my tiny kitchen. Unfortunately, we realized when we got home that I didn't have a pitcher, and neither did  Gracie or Haley. With some quick thinking, we grabbed my yellow Le Creuset soup pot instead!

Summertime Sangria:
1 bottle red wine
1 cup raspberry vodka
20 ounces of your favorite sparkling fruit juice (something citrus-y would be best)
1 cup blueberries
4 cups sliced strawberries
3 cups thinly sliced watermelon
3 cups chopped mango

Mix alcohol, juice, and fruit into a pitcher (or soup pot). Serve in chilled glass with plenty of ice. Add bendy straw and slurp for summery effect.

It was the perfect way to welcome the last month of summer before we all head back to the grind of the school year. Yummy! Sluuuuuurp.

10 comments:

  1. Mmmm!! That looks delicious!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *drools* That sangria looks so tempting! Such a tease now that it's super hot here in Spain! Congratulations, your sangria looks perfect and I'm talking from experience since this drink is 100% spanish, hehe. :-)
    Btw, thnx for your comment on my choco muffins!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I'm going to have to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love sangria this is amazing. thank you :)

    www.dragonnfruit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I've got some summer cocktails on my blog you'd like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't drink, but surely I could make a virgin sangria with this recipe! Yum! Looks amazing!

    
Your blog is adorable and one of my new faves! Definitely following :) Would love for to stop by mine too, and follow if you like! Excited to be bloggy friends!

    ♥Abbey
    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely comment! This looks incredible! I usually use gin or brandy in replacement for vodka. I'll have to try this out!

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo that looks yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks soooo good right now! its super hot in cali!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm, this sounds like absolute heaven! can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...