Monday, February 14, 2011

a beacon hill valentine

 

The weather today was a Valentine's Day gift to all of Boston. Almost 50 degrees and sunny with entirely clear skies. I was stuck in bed sick almost all of last week, so I was almost giddy to get out of class and outside into the delightful weather. It was the perfect day for a long stroll, so I head down Mass Ave and onto Beacon Street to make my way to Beacon Hill. As a student, I like to walk down the fancy streets to day dream when I pass the gorgeous brownstones and wonder what sort of well-to-do lives inside. Today, I walked to Charles Street, the main street for the Beacon Hill neighborhood. It is home to some of the most lovely boutiques and specialty food shops. On this Valentine's Day, I stopped into Beacon Hill Chocolates to take a look around and snap some shots of their festive decor. (And also to try a truffle or two!)


Charles Street is almost like leaving the city. It doesn't have the normal vibe of Back Bay/Fenway area that I'm used that is littered with college students. There are families here. It reminds me of a small town. Reminds me of home.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! It sounds like a very nice day, and I like looking at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog! x

    myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures! It's been high 60's here which is unusually warm in Georgia too... hope it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO cute. my dream is to own a shop like this someday.

    i'm following you now:)

    sincerely, M

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...